Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chocolate Espresso Cake for two

I made this recipe up on the fly when I wanted a special dessert for my honey one evening after he had been especially thoughtful that day, but I didn't want to make a family sized cake for two people. Double the ingredients for a springform or a 9x13 cake pan.

Dry Ingredients
  • 1/2 C. Flour
  • 1/3 C. Powdered Baking Coooa
  • 1/4 t. Salt
  • 1/2 t. Baking Powder
  • 1/2 C. Sugar

Place dry ingredients in mixing bowl of food processor and pulse for 30-45 seconds, until thoroughly mixed. Transfer dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and add the

Wet Ingredients:
  • 2 Shots Espresso
  • 1/3 C. Sour Cream
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 t. Vanilla
  • 1 t. White Vinegar

Mix thoroughly until batter is smooth and transfer to a buttered-and-floured small cake pan. The one pictured is a small bundt pan that I bought nearly three years ago at Prydes Old Westport, one of the absolute best kitchen stores I have ever set foot in. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until tests done. Cool on a baking rack, turn out onto a small cake serving platter and frost.

Frosting:

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup coconut
  • 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup pecans, ground fine
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
Mix frosting ingredients thoroughly and spread on cooled cake.

I am posting while the cake is in the oven - If I can get a decent picture of the finished product with my phone, I'll post it - I still haven't retrieved my camera from OS (Only Son) after the birthday festivities.

No comments: